HEARING GOD*


*DAILY DEW 28TH /SEPTEMBER/2021*

*HEARING GOD*

_Key Bible Text:_
*To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.*
(John 10:3-4 (KJV))

_Bible Insight:_

When I was still riding a motorbike, I went somewhere to preach in the early 1980s. As I was returning, there was a heavy downpour of rain and it beat hard on me like stones. There was no shelter under which to park. The only option was to keep going. I shivered with cold. I cried out "Lord, remember your servant. O God, I am not complaining, but remember me. I have to go to places for preaching engagements. You are the one who provided this motorcycle. Thank You. But I wish you would give me a car, to reduce the stress I am facing at this time". And the Lord said "I will get you a car".

A week after, a sister brought a Volkswagen Beetle. She said the Lord told her that she should give me the car. Then I asked the Lord, "Is this the car?" The Lord said, "This is not the car. This is a sympathy offering. If I were you. I would not take it."

Who am I to take what the Lord would not take? I politely thanked the sister and told her that I could not take the car and that it was neither meant for me nor for the work. She got annoyed.

She said "What do you mean? I told you that God told me to give it to you!" Then I said "But I told you that God did not tell me to receive it." She got me wrong. And did not understand me. She jumped up and said "Well, we are trying to help you. Are you trying to be over humble?" I was surprised.

Then she took the car, went and gave it to another preacher in town who did not know that the car had been brought to me before. When I got to that preacher's house for the regular leader's meeting, he joyfully told me about the miraculous provision of the car. He said "Sir, see the car the Lord has provided for me!" I said, "Yes, that's alright. Praise God."

So he started riding the car. But when the husband of the lady arrived from his journey, he asked his wife about the car. She said the Lord led her to give it out. He said "No, don't bring confusion into my house. Go and bring back my car. Otherwise, there will be problem." The sister began to run helter-skelter. The man said "I am a Christian, and you are a Christian. Go and bring my car back. God has not told me to give it to any evangelist." The sister went and begged the man of God and brought the car back. The man of God began to trek again.

When next I went for our usual fellowship, the man of God said, "Do you see what this brother did? His wife made an offering to the Lord, and he disagreed. She came and collected the car back. They have insulted the Lord." I laughed. When he calmed down, I said "Sir, I don't know whether you prayed about it. The car was brought to me before and the Lord said it was not meant for me and the work. And so when I saw it in your house, I wondered how the Lord led you. But it's alright. Please, wait for the right vehicle. When it comes, you will know".

MEDITATION:
*And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.* (John 10:5 (KJV))

*#Bro_Gbile_Akanni*
*#Tuesday_wisdomforliving*
*#Becoming_More_Like_Jesus*
*#Daily_Dew_Devotional*
*#Supernatural_Release*
*#Guest_Message*
*#Hello_September* ❤ 

Links To Visit:
*Podcast:*
https://anchor.fm/daily-dew-devotional/episodes/TROUBLED-elli7h

*FB Pages*
https://www.facebook.com/DavidJoshuaEgbochuo/

https://www.facebook.com/thedavidgen/

https://www.facebook.com/THEREVIVALCORPS/

*DDDblog*
http://dailydewdevotion.blogspot.com/2021/09/it-is-impossible-to-serve-god-without.html

*Telegram Group:*
https://t.me/joinchat/NzXQlVc9Hx7LfaRSnh9fHg

Feel Free to Share with Friends. God bless you.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME TO THE GOSPEL

As Jesus or As yourself?*

What's Your Focus?*