REDISCOVERING THE WAY* (I)


*DAILY DEW 25TH/JUNE/2021*

*REDISCOVERING THE WAY* (I)

_Key Bible Text:_
*"Rid yourselves, then, of all evil; no more lying or hypocrisy or jealousy or insulting language."*
(1 Peter 2:1 (GNB)) 

_Bible Insight:_

I joined a local church in 2012, and in my usual way, I watched things for the first few weeks before deciding to settle in. Finally, I took the decision to join them and to serve; enrolled in the foundation class and began my journey there. What really thrilled me was their passion for evangelism. This was a local church where a major thing people consider before getting into courtship is passion for ministry. I loved it.

Later, I joined the choir department and I began to play drums alongside another brother. I have some little pro training from classes I took in the past, understand a few rudiments, and so my playing was good enough. I'm rusty now though. Pastoring has stolen that from me. Haha. Now, unknown to me, as I was just busy doing my thing, enjoying the sessions, playing my best, the other drummer was growing envious and jealous. I had no idea! A brother called my attention to it and asked me to be careful but I just didn't see it. But one day, this guy literally dragged with me and got angry and refused to get up from the drum when it was my turn to play. I left him and engaged in the singing sessions. So easy. Me that even while playing drums, you'd catch me singing. It was never about drumming.

After the meeting, I walked up to him to ask why he did that, and he gave some flimsy excuses. Well, it was already clear to me that he was jealous. So, I asked him to let us spend time together in prayer and study, because I know that would heal his mind deeply. I also offered to train him in my own little way because I was obviously playing better. In my exact words to him: 'I won't be here for long, but you will be here, so be sure I'm not trying to take your place'. He agreed but never was available and so the envying continued. He never learnt anything till I left!

Guess what? After my departure from there, another drummer joined the church and perpetually benched him because he was still the amateur player that he was. A competitive mindset is the reason why you'll find yourself envying those you are meant to learn from. There are people who have been placed in your life to help you become a better version of yourself, but you can choose to resent them, get intimidated, or simply yield to learn. Even in the business world, where competition is a thing, people study the models of their competitors! Even in the business world...

I've seen much envy and jealousy play out among believers. There are singers in church who just detest other singers because they seem to possess more skill. There are preachers who detest other preachers because they have a better grasp of scriptures. Some detest those who seem to know how to disciple men. Some even detest others for being prayerful! Someone might think, even in the house of God???? Yes, Galatians 5:19-21 was written to the church - the works of the flesh can be seen among the saints if they do not renew their minds. It takes humility to learn from those who are better and more experienced.

*MEDITATION:*
 *Learn this: Don't miss the light in a bid to always be under the spotlight.*

*#Adebowale_Ibukun_Tosin*
*#Friday_wisdomforliving*
*#Becoming_More_Like_Jesus*
*#Generational_Impact*
*#GuestMessage*
*#Hello_June* ❤ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME TO THE GOSPEL

What's Your Focus?*

As Jesus or As yourself?*