WELCOME TO THE GOSPEL (II)


*DAILY DEW 12TH/DECEMBER/2021*

*WELCOME TO THE GOSPEL* (II)

_Key Bible Text:_
*For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.* (Romans 1:16 (KJV)) 

_Bible Insight:_

A professor in my university gave me a ride. This was 1977 when I was in University of Lagos. I was going from the college of education to the main campus where my lectures were taking place (if you are familiar with the university of Lagos). So, I waved him him down and he opened the door and I entered. He was the only one driving, and as soon as he began to move, I began to share the Gospel with him. 

I gave him a tract (I always carry a tract). He collected it grudgingly and then, after I spoke for about three minutes, he said, "Wait, are you a student?" I said "Yes". He said "That's fine". I didn't know he was professor. He said, "What is the shape of the earth?" I said "The shape of the earth is elliptical". That week, that was what we were taught in my survey class and I gave him the formulae. 

He said, "Hold on. When you talk about heaven, your heaven; you point up, and you told me the earth was round?" I said, "Sure sir". And he said, "On the other side of the globe, when they point upward, it's on the opposite direction to your upward." I was in trouble. He said, "Tell me, if heaven is up there, what is the geographical direction of hell? Remember, if you say it is down; that's the samw direction the people on the other side of the earth will say is up!" 

I was praying, "Lord help me"; and I said, "Excuse me sir, God forbid - it will not happen to you; but if you die without Christ, the next minute you will not just know the geographical direction of hell; you will know the exact location of hell, because hell is at the end of life without Christ." The man parked the car and said, "Get out of my car." 

I got to know later that he was a child of a prominent baptist pastor. He went to America and studied in the University of Alabama and he went to church with great enthusiasm. When he got to church, they didn't allow him to mix with the whites. They segregated him to the back, and he got out of church and vowed never to have anything to do with church. He said the church his father served all his life, treated him so? ...so he renounced Christianity and became an atheist. I didn't know this when I was preaching to him, that at the end of his life without Christ is the exact location of hell. 

Later on, two years ago, he died; but he didn't die as an unbeliever. I was preaching for Pastor Enoch Adeboye at Redemption Camp. He saw me on the giant screen and he found a way to locate me. He said, "Bishop can you recognise me?" I said, "I know you very well." He recounted the experience of 1977, he said what I said troubled him every single day - that hell is at the end of a life without Christ, until he gave his life to Christ. He said, he was now an assistant pastor in Redeemed Christian Church of God 

And I hugged him.

_MEDITATION:_
*You know how we had already been mistreated and insulted in Philippi before we came to you in Thessalonica. And even though there was much opposition, our God gave us courage to tell you the Good News that comes from him.* (1 Thessalonians 2:2 (GNB))

*#Bishop_Francis_Wale_Oke*
*#Sunday_wisdomforliving*
*#Becoming_More_Like_Jesus*
*#Supernatural_Supplies_Month*
*#Daily_Dew_Devotional*
*#HTP2021_Loading*
*#GuestMessage*
*#Hello_December* ❤ 

Links To Visit:
Register for *HTP2021:*
https://bit.ly/HTP2021_Registration

*Podcast:*
https://anchor.fm/daily-dew-devotional

*FB Pages*
https://www.facebook.com/DavidJoshuaEgbochuo/

https://www.facebook.com/thedavidgen/

https://www.facebook.com/THEREVIVALCORPS/

*DDDblog*
http://dailydewdevotion.blogspot.com/2021/12/the-word-above-all-ii.html

*Telegram Group:*
https://t.me/joinchat/NzXQlVc9Hx7LfaRSnh9fHg

*WhatsApp Group:*
http://bit.ly/The_David_Generation

Feel Free to Share with Friends. God bless you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WELCOME TO THE GOSPEL

As Jesus or As yourself?*

What's Your Focus?*